|Amanda Best, Testing Coordinator
click here for : 2017-2018 Course Description Guide
The Alive at 25 classes are scheduled for *Nov. 13, 2017 *Dec. 11, 2017 *Jan 8, 2018 *Feb. 8, 2018 4-8pm
Student registration information can be picked up in the guidance office. Students must register online for this class. Students can register at www.aliveat25.us. This class is free.
Are you interested in government, enjoy discussing current events, and have above average grades?
Any high school junior or senior student is eligible for the 2018 United States Senate Youth Program provided he or she has not previously been a delegate to the program and is currently serving in a school wide, district, regional or state ELECTED capacity in a student government, civic or educational organization.
The U.S. Senate Youth Program offers two student leaders from each state a $10,000 college scholarship and an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, DC, to observe the U.S. Senate in action. It is funded entirely by the William Randolph Hearst Foundation.
If you are interested in an application for this program, please contact me as soon as possible.
Telephone: 859-879-4630 ext3017
THE COLLEGE PROJECT has scheduled a College Admissions Planning Workshop on November 27,2017 at the Beaumont Public Library (minutes from the Lexington Airport) from 7pm to 8:30pm. Some of the topics to be discussed are:
The College admission process.
Student's preparation for College admission (Academics, Resume Building, College Choices).
Sean Smith - email@example.com
John Damato - firstname.lastname@example.org
Under Events at www.thecollegeprojectky.com
Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs
- The GSE Application is now available online at www.KentuckyGSE.com and will be open until December 20th, 2017.
- GSE is similar to GSA in terms of program style.
- GSE participants are eligible for scholarships by completing our program. Please visit www.KentuckyGSE.com for more information.
- GSE is open to 9th, 10th, and 11th grade Kentucky teens and is absolutely FREE!
- It takes a variety of skill sets and disciplines to create a successful company, and there should be innovation in every industry. GSE is inherently interdisciplinary. GSE welcomes ALL students - not just those who take business and marketing classes. Seeing the world through the eyes of an Entrepreneur holds value for everyone!
Please see promotional videos and brochure for more information:
Informational Brochure: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/59b814ba2994caa2f5fe7846/t/59baa2fdcf81e058cc0dd034/1505403659918/Brochure2018.pdf
Applications are open for the ACT Student Champion Award The ACT Student Champion Award recognizes one student in each state who is tenacious and persistent, no matter the challenge, and is prepared for life after high school with a goal in mind and plan in place.
ACT Student Champions receive a $500 non-renewable scholarship, certificate, plaque, and state-level recognition.
Please encourage students in the graduating class of 2018 who have taken the ACT who fit the following criteria to apply:
- A student who has overcome challenges and can articulate education and career actions
- Students must have a composite ACT score of a 22 on a single test date or a 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Preference will be given to underrepresented and/or first-generation college students.
Applications can be found at www.act.org/readinesschampions. Applications are due December 31, 2017, and champions will be notified on or before April 2, 2018. If applicants are under the age of 18, they must complete this form in addition to the application.
All questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Indiana University is offering a Business is Global summer conference for rising sophomores, juniors and seniors. To learn more about this competitive program, please see the link below.
Duke University offers three summer programs for high school students. These programs are one to three weeks in length and allow students an opportunity to earn academic credit or enrichment on Duke’s campus. For more information, please see the email below.
Senior Sting Newsletters: (click on link)
September Senior Sting (click on link)
October Senior Sting (click on link)
November Senior Sting (click on link)