Kindergarten Early Entry
Woodford County Schools works to serve the needs of students in the community beginning with ensuring students are provided the best foundation for success. To be eligible for Early Entry, with early entry being defined as a student who does not meet the age requirements as designated in KRS, a student must meet the following guidelines and follow the process described:
- Student must turn 5 on or before December 31 of the Kindergarten Entry Year.
- Application submitted expressing desire to be screened for Early Entry prior to June 1 preceding the year of entry.
- Demonstrate general academic readiness through meeting the criteria of “Kindergarten Ready” on academic measures using the BRIGANCE© kindergarten screen.
- Score in the 90th percentile or above on all 5 areas of the Developmental Indicators for the Assessment of Learning™, Fourth Edition. (DIAL™-4 five areas: Concepts; Motor; Language; Self-Help; Social-Emotional)
- Guardians complete a conference with district official to ensure full awareness of all known factors related to the guardian decision to pursue early entry.