Welcome to Woodford County Middle School
Woodford County Middle School named a "Distinguished" and "High Progress" school in 2016!
Special SBDM Meeting
Monday, March 6, 2017
- Opening Business
- Agenda Approval
- Ongoing Business
- Public Comment
- 2017-18 Master Schedule Approval (Second Reading)
Attention Parents of Gifted & Talented Students: There are several opportunities in 2017 that WCMS wants you to be aware of. Click here for information on Parenting Kids101 conference coming in February. The Center for Gifted Studies at Western Kentucky University offers several educational opportunities. Click here for information from WKU. Finally, click here for an opportunity for Spring Break in Italy.
Parents and Educators, are your children and students experiencing cabin fever this Winter? Check out these Winter enrichment opportunities for high-ability young people:
• The Center for Gifted Studies, WKU, Winter 2017 Super Saturdays will take place January 28, February 4, 11, and 18 in Bowling Green on the WKU campus and in Louisville at the Kentucky Science Center. Super Saturdays are for high-ability, high-interest students in grades 1-8. There are several great classes with space still available! For more information, including class lists and registration, see http://www.wku.edu/gifted/super_saturdays/index.php or contact The Center at email@example.com or 270.745.6323.
• Also check out Northern Kentucky University's Department of Teacher Education's Camp Innovation for high potential and gifted youth. The program will be March 11, 18, and 25 at the NKU campus. Check out their classes and register at http://gifted.nku.edu, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 859.572.6685.
And don’t forget to mark your calendars for the February events coming up to celebrate Gifted Education in Kentucky:
• February 2017 - Gifted Education Month in Kentucky - CLICK HERE
• February 8 - State Proclamation Signing Ceremony at Capitol Rotunda - CLICK HERE
• February 12-18 - Poster Campaign at the Capitol (Be working NOW to submit your district’s poster – CLICK HERE)
• February 19-25 - Local proclamations in your community – post to social media and tag @KAGEgifted – CLICK HERE
• February 27-28 - KAGE 37th Annual Conference - CLICK HERE
Contact KAGE at email@example.com or 270.755.4301 if you have any questions about the above events. As always, thank you for supporting gifted education in Kentucky!
February is a busy month for the gifted community in Kentucky!
Join KAGE in making a difference in the lives of Kentucky’s gifted and talented young people.
• February 8, 2017 is the Proclamation Ceremony for Gifted Education Month in Kentucky.
The proclamation signing will be at noon (EST) in the Capitol Rotunda, Frankfort. KAGE’s Kentucky Distinguished Students, Gatton Academy and Craft Academy Students, and Legislators are all part of the celebration. The Governor has been invited and we hope he will join us as we proclaim February as Gifted Education Month in Kentucky.
BRING STUDENTS TO OBSERVE KENTUCKY GOVERNMENT IN ACTION
There are committees meetings going on earlier in the day that your group might like to attend. You can contact your representative and/or senator to meet with you or at least get a picture with you. A tour of the Capitol building is also available. The chambers go into session at 2:00. Your representative and/or senator can arrange tickets for seats in the gallery so students can see what’s happening on the Chamber floor. Do you have students who might like to be pages? Again, arrange this with your representative or senator.
See http://kagegifted.org/giftedmonth/ for information about attending the Proclamation Ceremony and other activities your students can do that day as well as how to apply to be a page. There’s a lot to do and getting the students to mix with the representatives and senators is a plus. Make it a great day to be gifted at the State Capitol!
• February 2017 is Gifted Education Month in Kentucky, All Around Kentucky
Showcase what you do and help others understand the importance of appropriate services for gifted students. Find suggested activities and ways to celebrate gifted education month in your school and district - http://kagegifted.org/giftedmonth/
• February 12-18 - Poster Campaign (See, Understand, and Advocate for Us) at the Capitol - The submission deadline has been extended to January 30. CLICK HERE for more information on submitting your poster.)
• February 27-28 is the KAGE 37th Annual Conference in Lexington at the Marriott Griffin Gate. Go to http://kagegifted.org/conf2017/ to see what’s happening at the KAGE conference - the keynote addresses with national experts, sessions for Monday and Tuesday, Administrators Institute, Creativity Night, An Evening for Parents, Exhibitors, KAGE Service and Advocacy Awards, Distinguished Student Award, networking opportunities, and more! EILA and Conference Credit available. Join your colleagues from across the state to gain new information about how to better serve the needs of this unique group of children.